The one-year warranty covers manufacturing defects for IQOS ILUMA electronic devices. And electronic accessories for Power Adaptor, Charging Cable and IQOS Charging Docks.
The following are excluded from the terms of your IQOS ILUMA warranty:
- Uninterrupted and error-free functionality of the product.
- Malfunction and/or damage caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to aging of this product.
- Cosmetic damages (such as scratches, dents, broken plastic, etc.) that don’t impact the functionality of the product.
- Damage caused by misuse, power surge, improper handling, liquid contact or fire.
- Malfunction due to use with non-compatible products, manufactured either by Philip Morris International or third-party manufacturers.
- Damage or malfunction caused by attempting to open, modify (including modifications to the firmware) and repair, either by a user or by a service provider not accredited by the manufacturer.
- Damage or malfunction caused by failure to use as described in the associated IQOS™ User Guide or in contravention of the firmware license agreement.
- Product battery performance degradation. Batteries are consumable parts and their performance degradation and use over time is not a manufacturing or a workmanship defect and is excluded from this warranty*.
- Product containing fully or partially non-genuine parts.
- Product for which serial numbers have been removed or altered.
- Any malfunctions caused by the firmware of the product, including where your product is not using the latest version of the firmware unless these malfunctions have occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship. Note that in accordance with the terms of the firmware license agreement (which is available on the website above for your relevant market), the firmware is provided “as-is,” without any warranty.
- Faults due to improper operation of “autostart” and/or “double-tap” features* that do not impact the functionality of the product.
* Please refer to the battery degradation section.